This course builds on lessons learned in English Composition I. In addition to reviewing the writing process, students learn research techniques, citation techniques, documentation formats, and critical analysis of written topics.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply research strategies and methods for finding information
- Compose an essay and research paper using appropriate research and citation methods
- Critique writing samples in terms of style and substance
- Describe the various information sources available for research
- Differentiate between the MLA, APA, and Chicago style guides
- Differentiate between the writing styles required by the different disciplines