This course covers an overview of the anatomical structures and physiology of the human body. The course discusses each body system in terms of the major anatomical structures and functions and explains how each system participates in homeostasis of the body. In addition, the course discusses selected major pathologies, including disease definitions and causes, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and possible treatments. Finally, the course discusses common issues and changes that occur in each body system throughout the life span.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the organization of the human body
- Explain the contribution that each body system makes to homeostasis of the body
- Identify the major anatomical structures and the purposes of each body system
- Explain basic physiological processes in each of the body systems
- Describe selected human diseases in terms of definition, cause, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and possible treatments for each of the body systems
- Describe common issues or changes that occur in each body system throughout the life span