This course introduces students to the challenges and opportunities of entrepreneurship. It includes sound academic theory, success stories, case studies, and exercises in critical thinking to help students develop the understanding, skills, and plans needed to start a successful new business.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Create components of a viable business plan
- Demonstrate management, leadership and communication skills for running and growing a business
- Demonstrate techniques for analyzing costs, preparing financial documents and reporting requirements
- Design an effective strategy for marketing, customer service, selling, and relationship building
- Create a plan for researching, securing, and managing the financial aspects of the enterprise
- Devise a plan for business operations that will ensure the business delivers on its promises to customers